Monday, December 11, 2006

My Weight Challenge - Update

I'm back...exams are going on this week, but I can take a little breather from grading papers and exams. I least for a moment...As of Friday, I'm off for two weeks!!!

I stated last week that I am on a quest to lost 15 pounds by the end of March, 2007. Well, it's only been a few days since that post...and I can't say I've lost any weight. However, I did do a couple of things that I believe will help me on my way to my goal.

First, I started drinking more water. My husband gets on me about this often, and he is absolutely right for doing so. When I drink more water, I feel better overall because I'm eliminating much better (I hope that doesn't gross you out, but it's the truth). When I eliminate regularly, I don't tend to pack on weight. Now, I'm not drinking eight glasses a day, but I'm getting there.

Second, I started taking a multi-vitamin daily. It's only been three days since I've started, but I figure if I can give my daughter a vitamin each day, it should be easy to take one myself at the same time.

Third, I'm trying to get myself prepared for eating during this Christmas season. I found a very good article, "Avoid the Gift of Holiday Weight Gain." So instead of gaining weight during this season, my goal is to continue to drink more water, eliminate more, take my vitamin daily, and NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT! As Jennifer R. Scott says in the article, "Simply staying the same weight will be a great accomplishment."

Here's to great accomplishments!

No comments: