Wednesday, November 22, 2006

To Be Thankful

We can all look around and tell the Christmas season is coming. But is it me - or does it seem we bypass the Thanksgiving holiday to get to it? Commercials and advertisements abound for the big holiday sales so we can run up our credit cards trying to ensure those around us are "happy" by buying them gifts. Don't get me wrong; I have been thinking about my daughter's Christmas gifts for the past month or two. Nevertheless, I think we may be missing out on a great opportunity to really reflect on what we all should be grateful for. And so, I want to say that I am thankful for a wonderful, loving husband and great father who is filled with grace and compassion but who also knows how to get things done. I am thankful for a beautiful, delightful daughter who is learning how to be a "big girl" by going to the potty and going to bed without crying, even if she still needs "tummy time." I am thankful for a daddy who loves me and will do anything in the world for me. I am thankful for the mother I had for almost 42 years who thought I could do no wrong in the world (of course, she was a bit deceived by her own thoughts - but I loved her for it, and still love her). I could go on, but I'm sure you all can recall similar stories. I hope you do during this beautiful Thanksgiving season. Be thankful.

No comments: